Hello friends! It’s been awhile so I figured I would start off Monday by sharing a few things about myself to kick-start the week. But first off, I wanted to begin by thanking each one of you for your continued support throughout this creative journey. It’s been challenging, exciting and rewarding all at the same time, and it’s led me in directions I never knew existed. I’m optimistic for what the future holds and can’t wait to share with you some of the new designs I’ve been working on for the Home and Love Collections, and am preparing to share some of the projects throughout our home that are underway. That being said, here are 20 of the quirky nuances about me and hope you enjoy!
1. I am the youngest of 5 girls. No brothers.
2. I was named after my Polish grandmother, and ‘Stella’ is Polish for Stephanie.
3. My prince charming came to me later on in life and we’ll be married 2 years this coming May.
4. Our two bundles of joy are our Bernese Mountain Dog Stella whom he already had, and our Maine Coon cat Mickey, who I already had.
5. I’ve been in Human Resources for the past 13 years, and Stella Minded is my creative outlet.
6. My husband bought me a sewing machine last year and even though I’ve taken several private lessons, it still scares me just a little to use it.
7. Recently moving to Florida, this is the first time I’ve lived outside of the state of New York.
8. I grew up dancing, and (sadly) gave it up and went back 20 years later to begin dancing again to follow my true passion and outlet for expressing myself. Embarrassingly enough I broke several bones in my foot and ankle during an ungraceful ballet leap.
9. I love home decor and design, but have a fixation with floor moldings, and are constantly on my hands and knees cleaning and painting them.
10. I can’t sit down long enough to read a book, but have a huge collection of books with book markers after the 1st chapter.
11. Our home is almost always spotless, but prior to meeting my husband I was what most of my family refers to as messy.
12. Most of the time 5 minutes in the dryer with a wet cloth serves as my iron.
13. I’m a very picky eater.
14. I first became an Aunt at the age of 9 and that cute little nephew of mine is getting married in June.
15. Whenever my mom sends me any type of correspondence she always puts cute little stickers all over the envelopes, and I’ve saved almost every one of them since I moved out and went away to college. I finally told her how much it meant to me last year in her Mother’s Day card. She had no idea.
16. My parents have been married for 56 years (and counting)!
17. I think my husband is the most interesting man alive, and my family refers to him as such.
18. I don’t cook–did you catch last week’s Instagram post?
19. I don’t eat any type of seafood or fish—yet I moved to the coast of Florida.
20. I still have the teddy bear I was given when I was two. His name is “Teddy” and I’ve been known to rest my head on him when I’m under the weather.
Thanks for reading and have a fantabulous week!